The construction for the first high school in Johnston since 1898 (when Olneyville was annexed to Providence) was approved in a bond referendum in March, 1966. In the intervening years, Johnston students were bussed to public schools in Providence or attended private schools outside of Johnston.
For a short time, nearby N.A Ferri Middle School held double sessions for high school students before the new building opened.
Within a year and a half of the referendum, the building began hosting high school classes. Construction on the school's athletic complex was completed in 1973.
- Graduation rate (%): 81.2
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 89
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities