Cherry Hill Pre-School
The school, opened in 1987 by owner Cheryl Lee Curcio, is a one-room school house. Its small size, and thus small classes, allows for more personal attention to be paid to its young students. The curriculum deals with building a child's motor and readiness skills without the assistance of computers or electronic devices. The school also focuses on building a child's social skills within peer groups while meeting pre-kindergarten criteria. There is free, on-street parking in this residential location.
- Hours: Pre-K program is offered Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:45am-11:15am and 12:15pm-2:45pm A Tuesday and Friday class from 8:45am-11:15am is available for children who will be turning four after September 1 of the current school year.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1981
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: none
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 6-to-1
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 1 teacher, 2 teaching assistants
- How engaged is the school with the community?: According to the school's owner, the school has taken a strong role in guiding the youth of Johnston into becoming upstanding members of society and has begun enrolling the children of alumni to become the same.