The school year is here, and JohnstonPatch will be there to cover all the big news for all of the town's schools — but we can’t do it without your help!
To make sure you get the most out of Patch this school year, we invite you to get active in the news-gathering process.
Here are five things you can do to make sure your school and its students get all the coverage they deserve from JohnstonPatch:
- Let us know about big events and accomplishments — If you have a school-related story idea you’d like us to cover, let us know about it! Just e-mail Patch Editor Joe Hutnak (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the details and who we should contact for more information about the story idea.
- Better yet, share your work – You can always add your own photos and videos on our Pics & Clips page; look for articles or photo galleries and post your shots; or send pics and clips by email, and we'll share your memories with everyone.
- Add your event listings — Have an upcoming band performance? Is your school hosting an open house? Just add the news to our Events calendar. We invite you to add calendar events for your school, its extracurricular activities, clubs, PTA and more.
- Post your announcements — Want to let us know about a student, school or teacher accomplishment? Let everyone hear the news by posting your news on our Announcements page.
- Sign up for the newsletter — Want to find out what’s happening in area schools? Keep up with Patch every morning by signing up for our newsletter. We’ll mail you the top headlines every morning.
You can also become a blogger and share your school's news directly with JohnstonPatch readers on a regular basis — and if your blog is written for a larger audience, we'll share it with other Patch sites in Rhode Island.
To find out more about using Patch this school year, just e-mail email@example.com.