1. Birth of the Gov't: On this date in 1787, delegates to the Constitutional Congress formally signed the document they'd been debating, officially ratifying the Constitution. Want to test your knowledge of the U.S. Constitution? Take the quiz here.
2. Road Closure: Central Avenue — you know, that great cut-through from Atwood Avenue near 1302 Marketplace, up to Hartford Avenue — will be closed to through-traffic from 7 am to 4 pm weekdays for the next few weeks to allow work on the Rhode Island Resource Recovery sewer line project.
3. Pleasant: Looks like yet another nice fall-type day, with sunny skies and temps in the mid-70s.
4. Tell Us: We've already received a couple of responses to our question — Where Are Johnston's Most Ignored Stop Signs? Click the link and add your own comments.
5. UMO?: That would be "unidentified magnetic object," the theme for today's craft at Mohr Library: Alien magnets. Fun starts at 2:30 pm, for grades 6 to 12.