North Central Chamber of Commerce President Deb Ramos announced this morning that the business group has scheduled a "Business Boosters" roundtable — featuring JohnstonPatch Local Editor Joe Hutnak — for March 1 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Ribs & Company in Johnston.
"When it comes to navigating marketing and public relations, many businesses don’t know how to begin — or if they have, how to make the most out of those efforts," Ramos explained in a press release. “We often hear from businesses owners that they don’t have the time to work on a marketing plan, money for advertising, or an understanding of public relations — we know it is vital that these business owners get educated and connected to the media in order to help grow their business.”
Ramos said the Chamber has assembled a panel of experts in public relations and representatives of several media outlets that cover towns in the Chamber's footprint, including:
- Carol Costa, president, C2 Communications
- Ann-Mary Currier, president, Currier Words & Events
- Maureen Maloney, president, Ovoo Creative
- Joe Hutnak, editor, JohnstonPatch
- John Howell, publisher Beacon Communications/Johnston Sun Rise
- Larry Sasso, Jr., editor/publisher, Your Smithfield Magazine
- Tom Ward, editor/publisher, The Valley Breeze Publications
- Elizabeth Wayland-Seal, editor, Johnston Insider
“It’s a rare opportunity to have all the local media gathered under one roof and for the business community to meet them face-to-face,” says Leslie Anderson, North Central Chamber membership and marketing representative. “They hold one of the keys to linking businesses to the community.”
The Business Boosters event is open to the public and includes dinner for $15 per person. Register by Tuesday, Feb. 28 at www.ncrichamber.com or by calling (401) 349-4674.