1. Contests: Patch has two ways to get into the Halloween spirit:
- Pumpkin Decorating: Post your decorated pumpkins here and enter to win a gift card in the Rhode Island Patch contest.
- Best Costume in America: Have a great costume? Upload your photo here and see if yours is named the best in all of Patchland. Winner scores $5,000.
2. Conditioning: The Johnston Senior Center hosts a couple of great exercise programs this morning — hang out afterward and have a tasty lunch in the dining room. Membership is just $10 per year.
- Walk Away the Pounds: Guided by the best-selling video of the same name, this is an easy-on-the-joints program. Starts at 9 am.
- Non-Impact Aerobics: Also called Neuromuscular Integrative Action, or "nee-ya" for short, this program incorporates martial arts, dance, and exercise. Starts at 10 am.
3. Class: It's Spirit Week at Johnston High School this week — today is "Class Pattern Day." Tomorrow is "Hillbilly/Hick Day," and it all leads up to Saturday's Homecoming Parade and football game between the JHS Panthers and Warwick Veterans High School.
4. Comfort: Dealing with breast cancer brings people together — do you have a "sisterhood?" Check out our recent article on Uplift by Barbara Delinsky and share your story.
5. Weather in 10 Words: Clear and autumn-like. Highs around 60. Lows near 40 tonight.