1. Storm a-Comin': Casual polling of folks around Johnston finds a roughly 50-50 split between "it'll blow out to sea" and "start building a boat" on the question of what Hurricane Sandy will do to the area. Lucky for you, JohnstonPatch has all the ifo you need on:
- How to keep track of Sandy online
- How to get school closing alerts sent right to your smartphone or email. [Sorry, we can't help with boat-building guides.]
2. Celebrate the Spooky: This year, Patch is offering two ways to show off your handiwork:
- Costume Contest: This is a national competition to see who's got the best costume — winner gets $5,000. Click here for info on how to enter.
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest: Rhode Island Patch sites are also hosting a contest for best jack-o-lantern [or painted pumkpin].Check out the details here.
3. Create a Costume: Looking for some great ideas on homemade [read: inexpensive] Halloween costumes? Check out Abby Jordan's ideas here.
4. Score Some Loot: The Johnston Senior Center hosts bingo today, with the ever-popular progressive jackpot. Fun starts at 5:30 pm.
5. Weather in 10 Words: Sunny and warm. No threat of rain for Homecoming tomorrow.