Invite a friend
Grades 6-12 -Young Adult End of Summer Reading Party!!
Once again, DJ Miikey B. will be “spinning” tunes. The raffle for the grand prize will be held. There will be games, prizes, snacks, crafts and more!
The Mohr YA Summer Reading Program is dedicated to and supported in memory of Andrew Greene
The statewide Rhode Island Summer Reading Program is supported by the RI Office of Library and Information Services with funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, Local Owner/Operators of Rhode Island, the Pawtucket Red Sox, Citizens Bank and Pepsi. Local support
More About Marian J. Mohr Memorial Library
A gift to the Town of Johnston by Ralph S. Mohr and named for his late wife, the town's only library was completed in 1961. Originally placed on school property, the library became a municipal service following the passage of the Library Services and Technology Act of 1964.
Two additions, in 1967 and 1989, expanded the building's space to 4,200 square feet, though it was still among the smallest in Rhode Island until the opening of a new library building on April 9, 2011.
Mohr Library currently serves 7,800 visitors per month with nine full-time and nine part-time staffers. Jon Anderson has been the library's Director since 2003.
Other events here
- Story Time Ages 3-5 Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:30 am
- Story Time Ages 2 & 3 Weekly on Thursdays, 10:30 am
- Art With Melyssa Weekly on Thursdays, 3:30 pm
- “Special Family Event” Where the Sidewalk Ends Sat, May 25, 2:00 pm
- Story Time Ages 0-3 Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:30 am
- Dungeons and Dragons Club Meeting May 14, 2013 / May 28, 2013, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- “Play Reading” Barefoot in the Park By Neil Simon Tue, May 28, 6:00 pm
- Reader's Lair Book Club Grades 3-5 October 11, 2012 / November 8, 2012 / December 13, 2012 / January 10, 2013 / February 14, 2013 / March 14, 2013 / April 11, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / June 13, 2013, 6:30 pm
- Art Smart with Ms. Melyssa October 12, 2012 / December 14, 2012 / January 11, 2013 / February 8, 2013 / March 8, 2013 / April 12, 2013 / May 10, 2013 / June 14, 2013, 3:45 pm