On Dec. 31, the Johnston Senior Center held its second annual New Year's Eve fundraiser gala, as more than 100 people ushered in 2012 with a dinner, dancing, a champagne toast and a continental breakfast after midnight.
"The money raised from the New Year's Eve gala will go back in to the center for other senior services," said Assistant Director Millie Santilli.
Guests enjoyed an Italian style buffett from Marchetti's restaurant in Cranston.
The Vini Ames Trio band, including Vini, his wife Stephanie, and Johnston resident Debbie Larson, played easy swing songs, Frank Sinatra tunes, rock & roll and the Jitterbug as guests kicked up their heels to celebrate the new year.
Donors to the event included:
- The Bridge at Cherry Hill — shrimp cocktail and the canolis for dessert;
- Briarcliffe Manor — fruit platters;
- Victoria Court of Cranston — cheese platters, and staff who worked the event;
- Atwood Wine & Spirits of Cranston — cash bar;
- North Bay Manor of Smithfield — veggie platter;
- Cortland Place of Greenville — homemade apple pies.
Check out the accompanying photos for scenes from the New Year's Gala.