Johnston Patch 101: How To Blog
We've made it easier than ever to start your own blog on JohnstonPatch — what do you have to say?
In my travels around Johnston, I get to meet a lot of folks who have strong opinions on a great many topics — from the coffee house pundits at Brewed Awakenings, to the local business people who attend North Central Chamber of Commerce events, to the regular folks who live and work in our town.
If you're one of these folks — or know one — why not try blogging for JohnstonPatch and sharing your views with our readers?
You don't have to be a wordsmith, nor do you have to write extremely thought-provoking essays every day.
If you are frustrated with town government, it's an opportunity to vent. If you volunteer your time and wish there were more people in Johnston willing to donate time to a good cause, use the platform to highlight your work and the positive impact it has on the community.
Our blogging platform is the future of the traditional op-ed page in the newspaper — plus, it's your work, so if you have another site (or Twitter feed, or Facebook page), you can post your blog on JohnstonPatch and promote it elsewhere.
"Okay, I'm sold," I hear you saying. "How do I start a blog on JohnstonPatch?"
Glad you asked! Here are the ridiculously easy-to-follow instructions:
Steps to Starting a Blog:
- Use your Patch profile to sign in — or create a profile. [You can also sign in with a Facebook account; follow the link for info.]
- Find the Start a Blog link on our newly-updated front page. [Or click the blue text.]
- Click the "Post on Patch" link.
- Write your first entry.
- Hit "Save and Preview."
Now, before your entry appears, there are a few other
Things to Know About Blogging on Patch:
- Your blog posts will be reviewed and approved prior to publication, typically within 24 hours after you post them.
- You should also review our Blogger Terms to understand how Patch works with bloggers.
- You must be 14 years of age or older.
Be sure to check out the JohnstonPatch101 Topic Page for more information on how to upload photos and videos, comment on other blogs, and use JohnstonPatch to promote events.
If you have any other questions, drop me a note at email@example.com