Five Things For Tuesday: Play Reading Group, Computer Class & More
Check in with your daily dose of Johnston area information, including news, weather and history notes!
- Tuesday: Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Areas of fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 46 by 4pm. Southwest wind around 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 35. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Play Reading Group: Come to the popular play-reading series at the Mohr Memorial Library in Johnston. A group of local actors will bring a script to life and then discuss it. For you theater-lovers, it’s an evening not to be missed. Starts at 6 p.m.
Computer Class: The Johnston Senior Center is scheduled to hold an Introduction to Computers class today at 10 a.m. This class is scheduled to be held every Thursday. Dates and times for events are subject to change. Call ahead to confirm.
Realtor Event - Promoting Real Estate in the Digital Age: Primary Residential Mortgage | Primary Local is teaming up with Patch.com andArtinium Inc. to bring Realtors a full circle approach to conquer marketing in today's digital age during an event on Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 12:30 pm Kent Washington Association of Realtors, 2240 S County Trl, East Greenwich, RI.
We will be serving up lunch, raffles and an opportunity to ask the pros all of your marketing questions. In our presentation, we will be covering topics including:
- Blogging on Patch and posting open houses and listings to build your business
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and other free hands-on social media workshops and services offered by Primary Local
- Building an inexpensive and professional website to grow your brand
- QR codes and much more!
Post to Patch Yourself; Try Blogging: It's ridiculously easy for to post an event or make an announcement on Johnston Patch. Blogging is simple, too. Just click here and read how easy it is.
This Day in History: Near the end of a weeklong national salute to Americans who served in the Vietnam War, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is dedicated in Washington in 1982 after a march to its site by thousands of veterans of the conflict. The long-awaited memorial was a simple V-shaped black-granite wall inscribed with the names of the 57,939 Americans who died in the conflict, arranged in order of death, not rank, as was common in other memorials.