1. School Schedules: Looking for the opening and dismissal times for Johnston public schools? JohnstonPatch has that. Keep an eye out later today for the last-minute changes to the bus routes.
2. Beware: Mayor Joseph Polisena held a press conference yesterday and issued a warning to Johnston homeowners who let out-of-town families use their addresses for school enrollment. Put briefly: 'You will pay.'
3. Flashback?: Okay, so it's not on the order of last year's visit by Tropical Storm Irene, but the forecast is for rain with potential for flooding and highs in the low 80s. Sorry kids — tomorrow is supposed to be sunny with temps in the 70s for the first day of school.
4. Stay Informed: With school on the immediate horizon — and all the chaos that goes with it — there's a quick and easy way to follow the news on JohnstonPatch: sign up for our email newsletter and get alerts sent right to your Inbox.
5. Jaybles Rocks: 'Scuse the enthuse, but Jack Black celebrates a birthday today. A true guitar hero [at least in the eyes of this Patch Editor] and man of many talents — not everybody can jam the Saxaboom like this — turns 43 today. Also on the list are mere mortals Shania Twain , Leann Rimes , and original '90210' star Jason Priestly [also 43, nowhere near as rockin']. Arguments to the contrary accepted below.