1. Summer Reading: Marian J. Mohr Library is scheduled to host its annual summer reading program award ceremony tonight at 6:30. Mohr is also your source for the books listed in the Johnston School Department's summer packets, which you can find at these links:
2. Cool Camp: Another annual summer tradition is The Autism Project's two-week camp experience, which this year set up shop in Pascoag. Check out this video from our recent visit.
3. School Prep: Be sure to check our Back to School guide for all the info you need about the upcoming school year in Johnston, which begins Aug. 29. Stay tuned for the district's bus routes, which will be run by First Student, a change from the previous contract with Durham.
4. Clearing: After a mostly cloudy morning, today's forecast is for clearing skies and temps in the mid-80s. Clear overnight and Friday, with the next chance of precip Friday night.
5. Blog on Patch: Did you know that Johnston collects almost $450,000 in revenue from traffic fines? Blogger Suzanne Arena wrote about that recently. If you've got something to say, apply to blog on Patch.